!!!!! IMPORTANT !!!!!!
A unique Zoom meeting room link for each presentation was sent to all speakers by email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, make sure you received this email and stored the link (check your spam folder as well).
What should I do before the Online Meeting?
- Create your PowerPoint slides and make sure your presentation time is a maximum of 6 min 30 seconds (oral) / 4 minutes (oral poster). It is important we remain on time within the online multi-track environment.
- If not already uploaded, upload your PPTX/PPT file via the Online Portal by Thursday, 10 September, 23:59 PT latest.
- Download Zoom Client (if not already downloaded); no account is necessary.
- Make sure your computer is equipped with a well-functioning camera and microphone. We recommend using a headset as it will lead to better sound quality than using your computer audio.
- Test your Zoom connection using this link; you can test your audio, video, and general connection. Sufficient bandwidth is a minimum of 2 Mbps but we recommend using an ethernet cable to connect. This helps reduce the variability of Wi-Fi strength. Please note that the Wi-Fi network at certain workplaces with heavy restrictions might not allow you to connect to Zoom – in such a case, contact your local IT support or connect using a different Wi-Fi.
What should I do on the day of the Online Meeting?
- 30 minutes before your session starts, log in to the Zoom meeting room using the unique link provided to you by email
- If you are presenting at multiple sessions, kindly note each session has a different link.
How do I know when my session starts?
- The email with Zoom link will have a calendar event attached. If you save it to your calendar it will automatically be converted to your time zone.
- Open your session in the online program and follow the link in the INTRO info to recalculate the starting time for your time zone.
What happens after I join the Zoom meeting room?
- Our technicians will welcome you, check your connection, and guide you through the interface.
- The Moderator will go over the order of presentations in case of any last-minute changes.
- Once your presentation starts, we will run your pre-uploaded slides on our local computers and you will be controlling it remotely and operating it in PowerPoint presenter view.
- Once the last speaker finishes, there will be Q&A’s.